Was: Harrah for Much ado -Reply
Bruce C Johnson (email@example.com)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:12:42 -0500
Fellow Sea Scouters:
OK, I think it's time for a brief sermon.
1. I would like to remind everyone that this is a world-wide discussion
group on Sea Scouting and that we need to take care not to spend too much
time on U.S.-centered concerns. While I suspect that many of our
Australian or British or ... colleagues are moderately interested in the
vagueries of American Sea Scouting, a little goes a long way.
2. We must remember the Scout Law in our discussions on the list. In
particular, "A Scout is Friendly," should be a paramount principle in how
we conduct ourselves. There certainly are many more than one way to look
at things. Please keep that in mind as you phrase your responses to
sometimes controversial issues. Also please keep in mind that many of the
participants in this list are our Sea Scouting youth. Tailor what you have
to say such that it will be appropriate for the Scouts in your
Ship/Troop/Group to hear.
3. Please remember to identify yourself at the end of all messages. Look
at the end of this message to see what I'm talking about.
4. Please refrain from sending messages to the list that say simply "I
agree [or disagree]" or the like. Messages of that nature cause me to
receive requests from subscribers to be unsubscribed.
5. Please be mindful of whether your message is intended for the list or
simply an individual. If it is for an individual, don't sent it to
6. Finally, I believe we have talked through all the permutations of the
uniforming issue. Any additional comments may be directed to me directly.
Please send ONE MESSAGE PER SHIP ONLY to each of the following:
Capt. James Umberger, USCG (ret.)
National Commodore, Sea Scouts
6148 Belaire Drive
New Orleans, LA 70124
Commodore Bruce Johnson
Northeast Region, BSA
6148 Llanfair Drive
Columbia, MD 21044-3829
Thank you for your indulgence and your service to Sea Scouting.
Skipper, S.E.S. Columbia Ranger
Columbia, Maryland USA
>>> <WBSTx@aol.com> 26 March 1997 9:07 pm >>>