scouts-l Mail Archive for July of 2000: 20 questions--Female Scouting Survey
Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:06:41 CDT
Working hard to complete my Women in Scouting Seminar. Need your input on
several questions. Thanks in advance!
Simple answer -- Are you pro or con? Explain if you wish! All comments are
welcome and will be give much consideration!
1. Is there a place for women in Cub Scouting? Boy Scouting?
Venturing? If so, what?
2. Should women hold top positions in a Cub Scout Pack?
Boy Scout Troop? Venturing Crew? If so, what?
3. Should women be allowed to camp with the Troop? If so, under what
4. Should women be allowed to instruct the Scouts in basic requirements? If
so, under what conditions?
5. What is your greatest fear about including women in Scouting?
6. What is your greatest fear about having women in a Scoutmaster position?
Cub Master position? Venturing Crew Advisor position?
7. Should women hold executive positions or any positions within the
district or council? District Executives? Council Executives? If not, why?
8. What is the greatest asset that women can offer to the Pack, Troop or
9. Should women be included on the basic training staff of Scoutmaster
fundamentals, Woodbadge etc? Why? Why not?
10. Should women hold postions on the District Committee? Council
Committee? Why? Why not?
11. What benefit can come from excluding women from Scouting?
12. What benefit can come from including women in Scouting?
13. Does your personal Pack, Troop Crew include women or exclude women from
leadership postions? Why or Wy not?
14. Does your personal Pack, Troop or Crew include or exclude women from
Committee positions or other support roles? Why? Why not?
15. Are your feelings regarding use or non use of women in your Pack, Troop
or Crew exclusive to your Pack, Troop or Crew?
16. What are the general feelings of your community and other Pack. Troop or
Crews in your district or council in regard to women in leadership positions?
17. Do you consider yourself a true Scout, a"purist", a"traditionalist",
a"dinosaur" a "Good old Boy" in Scouting?
18. What is your best advice for women considering joining the Boy Scout
19. Vote, more female involvement or less female involvement?
20. If you could turn back the clock, should the BSA have stayed male
Thanks again for all of your input.
Scoutmaster Linda Clossen