scouts-l Mail Archive for June of 2000: Wilderness First Aid/Cape Cod
Sat Jun 17 2000 - 08:57:33 CDT
Someone who is on the Venturing list could do Wendy and some Ranger
candidates a tremendous favor by forwarding this if it hasn't already
occurred. And with the forward, point out the price she is able to do it for
and suggest they get additional information from her on how she does it so
they can develop it too (the guys in Texas and farther west love the course,
but stop whenever they look at the wildmed website and see the prices...)
We're doing it so cheap because:
1) We're about 3 hrs drive from the instructors' home base, so the travel
costs to bring them in isn't too bad-- about $60 at 30 cents/mile
2) We're using the camp gratis because they know we'll be good campers and
leave no trace <G>, so we don't have to pay for dorm rooms, security or
3) Learners are bringing their own camping, cooking, and food with them, so
we aren't providing it or having to pay for cooks or cleanup
4) I'm paying my own way even though I'm coordinating the course (not all
places do this)
5) All our advertising has been on the web and at Round Table -- all free
with the exception of some copying fliers
6) and the best one: A Scout is THRIFTY.
Hope this helps iin your planning a similar adventure for your area next year!
SA T47 Sandwich MA
Cape Cod & Islands Council
Abake MiSaNaKi Lodge #393
NSJ 1997 Nat'l Health & Safety and going in 01!
I useta be an Eagle...