scouts-l Mail Archive for May of 2000: Eureka Timberline Tents
Britt Barnard (bbarnard@NATDOOR.COM
Mon May 01 2000 - 10:26:49 CDT
I have followed the thread on Timberline tents for some time now and as
the owner of a 20+ year old 2 man Timberline tent, setting it up countless
times I offer my best setup technique which should take the strain off of the
scouts and tents.
1. Layout ground cloth and spread tent out on top.
2. Assemble pole and ridge pole frame.
3. Attach bungee cord on tent over ridge pole joint.
4. Insert corner tent anchors into pole sections.
5. Complete assembly of tent and rain fly normally.
Without attaching the corner tent pins to the poles until after the ridge
line is attatched the pole legs can be spread out until the shortest scout
can loop the bungee over the ridge pole section and this greatly reduces
the excess strain on the tent.
Loving my Eureka Tent.