scouts-l Mail Archive for March of 2000: One Pot meals
Dale Karweik (karweik.1@OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:07:20 CST
Here are two trail meals that my Venture Crew loved on our last trip to Isle
Eagle Cap Rice and Riches
3 oz Dehydrated Onions
3 oz Dehydrated Mushrooms
1/8 lb Margarine
2 Bags Success Instant Rice
1 Pkgs Knorr's Oxtail Soup
2 Links Smoked Sausage
1. In a kettle, heat 1 qt. of water to a rolling boil. Add rice and simmer for
2. Soak onions and mushrooms in a small amount of warm water for 10 minutes or
3. Cut sausages length-wise into quarters and then into 1/2" sections.
4. Dissolve soup in some of the boiling water and set aside.
5. Remove rice and water and fry the sausage in the margarine with the onions
6. Combine sausage pieces, onions, mushrooms, rice and soup in the kettle with
enough water to make a thick soup. Heat through and serve.
Chicken One Pot
1 bag Success Instant Rice
3 Dried Mushrooms, broken into pieces
2 6 oz.can Chunk Chicken
2 Packets Spring Vegetable Dried Soup Mix or
1 Packet Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
Boil a pint of water and add bag of Success rice. Simmer 10 minutes. Add
Chicken, mushrooms and packets of soup. Warm through and serve.
Troop 417 Scoutmaster Emeritus and ASM
Buckeye District Boy Scout RT Commissioner
Post 214 - Black Sheep OA Dance Team and Construction Crew - Advisor
Always an Eagle - EC430 Frenetic Fox
| >>>----|>---->| Aminga Klockauchsowagon (Teller of Long Legends)