scouts-l Mail Archive for March of 2000: Re: First Aid Required
Bob Lazell (rlazell@QED.NET
Fri Mar 10 2000 - 15:42:45 CST
----- Original Message ----
SNIP> At our Scout roundtable held last night, one of the SM's said he had
With all good cheer and in the spirit of the brotherhood of Scouting, I ask
you to just fill in that blank with anything and ask yourself: isn't this
nothing more than a rumor? Why concern yourself with a rumor and start
thinking about all the ramifications that might never exist?
Amongst the things I "heard" about Scouting when I took over as SM were:
1) No troop water activities unless 2 BSA certified Lifeguards present!
2) You must not even contact the 2nd year WEBLOS and solicit their
membership until they crossed over
3) Crossover from Cubs to Scouts was in June!
4) There is a 6 month limit on completing all Merit Badges.
5) Local Tour permits were required for in council trips.
6) The SM and committee decided activities without input from scouts.
The list goes on and on.
SM Troop 127
Valley Cottage, NY