scouts-l Mail Archive for March of 2000: Re: Doughnut recipe
Wed Mar 01 2000 - 09:22:46 CST
In a message dated 3/1/00 6:39:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
<< Anybody got a good drop donut recipe.
In New Orleans, I had these things called Bangnes' Pardon my spelling >>
You are in luck..this morning my local newspaper has the recipe.
Original French Market Doughnuts (Beignets)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, plus extra for buttering the bowl
1 tsp salt
2 cups scalded milk
1 envelope cake yeast (make sure it's fresh)
1/2 cup warm water (75 to 85 degrees)
2 eggs, well beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour, plue 3 to 3 1/2 Tbsp
Confectioners' sugar for dusting.
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter and salt. Add scalded milk and mix
2. In another large bowl, add yeast to warm water to soften. Add eggs to
yeast, then beat in 4 cups flour. Then add 3 to 3 1/2 Tbsp flour to make
3. Transfer dough to a well-buttered bowl. Brush dough with butter, cover
with wax paper and store in refridgerator until ready to use. DO NOT let
4. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick and cut into 2-inch squares.
5. fry in deep-fat fryer at 370 degrees until lightly golden. Drain and dust
with confectioners' sugar.
Committee Member T259 & Crew 259