Scouts-L Mail Archive for December of 1999: 2000 American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year
2000 American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year
Calvin H. Gray
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:35:35 -0600
Next spring, The American Legion will honor a Scout as the "2000
American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year." He will receive an $8,000
scholarship. Three second place $2,000 scholarship awards will also
be presented. Applications should be available from local American
Legion Posts. Completed applications must be received by State American
Legion Headquarters by March 1, 2000.
Eligibility requirements are:
* Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout
Team, or Venturing Crew chartered to an American Legion Post or
* Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varisty Scout
Team, or Venturing Crew, and the son or grandson of a Legionnaire or
* Received the Eagle Scout Award.
* Be an active member of his religious institution and must have
received the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
* Have demonstrated practical citizenship in church, school, Scouting,
* Have reached his 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the
time of selection.
Each applicant must submit documentation on his Scouting leadership,
Scouting activities, Eagle Scout Project, community activities,
religious activities, career interests and/or goals and letters of
recommendation from his religious institution, school, community and
Calvin H. Gray
Scoutmaster, Troop 405
I used to be an Owl (WM-62-2-98 @ Philmont)