scouts-l Mail Archive for November of 1999: Noah's Ark
Valerie and Charles Deneen (vsimpson@CONCENTRIC.NET
Mon Nov 01 1999 - 03:16:24 CST
This applies to the Scouting that we know and love.
ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM NOAH'S ARK
1. Don't miss the boat.
2. Don't forget that we're all in the same boat.
3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone might ask you to
do something REALLY big.
5. Don't listen to critics, just get on with what has to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
8. Two heads are better than one.
9. Speed isn't always an advantage; the snails were on board
with the cheetahs.
10. When you're stressed, float awhile.
11. Remember that the ark was built by amateurs;
the Titanic was built by professionals.
12. Remember that woodpeckers inside are a larger threat
than the storm outside.
13. No matter the storm, when you're with God
there's a rainbow waiting.