Scouts-L Mail Archive for April of 1999: Re: membership committee
Re: membership committee
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:12:46 -0500
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:06:33 -0700 Bob and Rusty Taylor
>more education please:)
>what does the district membership committee do?
I guess I'm a little bit qualified to answer this question...
The membership division in our district is made up of 5 sub committees:
1) Cub Scouts - supports/promotes recruitment and retention of Cub
2) Boy Scouts - supports/promotes recruitment and retention of Boy
3) Webelos Transition - supports/promotes Webelos Transition to Boy
4) New Units - facilitates/supports the startup of new units
5) Relationships/Religious Emblems - supports/promotes relationships
with new/existing Charter Partners
and supports/promotes the Religious emblems program
That is a VERY brief description - there is a whole write up in one of
Many times there is a very small Membership committee (sometimes just one
Last year, it was only our vice-chair and 2 others. This year I have 8
others beside myself.
It's not easy to recruit people for this committee - everyone prefers the
fun stuff - i.e. program.
Membership should be more fun starting this fall with the Garfield
If you have more specific questions on any of the subcommittees, let me
- Deb Keyes
Vice-Chairman - Membership
Signal Hill District, NWSC, IL