Scouts-L Mail Archive for April of 1999: dish washing, the last
dish washing, the last
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 06:24:45 -0600
I,too, hope this is it for dish washing, but I promised to
post the results of last night's Roundtable.
1) Wash in hot soapy water. Replenish or replace if it
gets too yucky with food.
2) rinse in warm clear water. Replace as necessary if it
gets too much food in it.
3)Sanitary rinse in warm or cool water with one capfull
of bleach per gallon of water. Not hot water, the chlorine
will evaporate out.
4) AIR DRY, DO NOT USE A TOWEL
5) Keep a bucket of sanitary water with washing rags in
it for washing down surfaces before use. If you make the
cooks do this before they cook, they tend to sanitize their
hands before cooking.
6) One final thought on hand washing. Warm water or
use a piddle pot, soap and provide the cooks with a
fingernail brush, to clean under and around their
fingernails, where most of the germs hide, wash for at least
twenty seconds once you have made a good lather. USE PAPER
TOWELS TO DRY HANDS, not a common towel.