Scouts-L Mail Archive for February of 1999: Friday funny
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:35:02 -0600
(or maybe Saturday or even Sunday if the List is backed up)
Anagram, as you know, is a word or phrase made by transposing or
rearranging the letters of another word or phrase. The following are
exceptionally clever. Someone out there is deadly at Scrabble!.
And has WAY too much time ...
1. Dormitory Dirty Room
2. Desperation A Rope Ends It
3. The Morse Code Here Come Dots
4. Slot Machines Cash Lost in 'em
5. Animosity Is No Amity
6. Mother-in-law Woman Hitler :)
7. Snooze Alarms Alas! No More Z's
8. Alec Guinness Genuine Class
9. The Public Art Galleries Large Picture Halls, I Bet
10. A Decimal Point I'm a Dot in Place
11. Eleven plus two Twelve plus one
12. Contradiction Accord not in it
13. This one's truly amazing:
"To be or not to be: that is the question, whether 'tis nobler
the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous
And the Anagram:
"In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent
Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten."
And for the grand finale:
14. "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
- Neil Armstrong
"Thin man left planet, ran, makes a large stride, pins flag on
moon! On to Mars!"
Mark W. Arend
Beaver Dam Community Library
311 N. Spring St. Outside of a dog, a book is
Beaver Dam, Wisc. 53916 man's best friend. Inside of
(920) 887-4631 (fax 887-4633) a dog it's too dark to read.
Scoutmaster, Troop 736