Scouts-L Mail Archive for November of 1998: Commissioner's College Paper
Commissioner's College Paper
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 23:03:35 -0600
I'm trying to get some information from other Cub Scout Leaders out
there for my Phd paper for Commissioner's College. I'm planning to
explore options for getting Cub Leaders trained.
If you could answer these questions I would appreciate any help I can
1. How many leaders in your Pack are trained?
2. How long does it usually take from registration to get your leaders
3. How does your Pack promote Training?
4. How far do you usually have to travel to get to training?
5. How often are your training sessions offered? Do the locations vary?
6. How long are the training sessions?
7. Will you District do special training for packs? (take basic to them
8.Does your Council/District provide continuing training?
Is it widely used?
9. Do you think that training by correspondence or on the internet is
areasonable alternative to traditional Cub Basic? Any draw
10. What are the biggest gripes you hear about training & Reasons for
Cubmaster & Jack of All Trades Pack 392