Scouts-L Mail Archive for November of 1998: Re: "Genius Kits?"
Re: "Genius Kits?"
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 07:27:45 -0600
On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Settummanque, the blackeagle - Mike L. Walton wrote:
> Heidi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote and stomped me:
> >I am just starting out being a den leader and was wondering where
> >I could find out information on Genius Kits. I have browsed the
Here's one we've used with success:
Sometime during the month, each Cub Scout is given a "genius kit" which is
a sack of odds and ends. The results are up to the boys' imaginations.
They can build something useful, decorative, silly or solemn. No matter
how they turn out, the boys' creations will be full of fun!
12" x 18" piece of cloth 1 can
12" piece of <" dowel 1 wire coat hanger
1 board, 1"x6"x10" 6 pipe cleaners
8 nails, 1" long 2 spools
1 small tube of glue 4 corks
4' string 12 tacks
4 ice cream sticks 1 golf tee
1. A parent may help you with your creation.
2. Use only materials from the list; you don't have to use all items.
3. You may cut the board, string, cloth, etc. as so desired.
4. You may use a saw, hammer, jackknife, sandpaper, drill or other tool.
5. Use your imagination, have fun and bring creation to pack meeting!
Barb Stephens Academic Computing
email@example.com Omaha, NE 68178