Scouts-L Mail Archive for October of 1998: Residential Camp
Dawn L. Moriarty
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:09:40 -0500
I have several questions to ask. Please e-mail me privately to save
1. Those councils that have residential camps, do you hold an annual camp
for the leaders of the units that have signed up, prior to the beginning of
the camp season?
2. Is it manditory for all (you don't go, your unit doesn't go) or just for
with repeat leaders encouraged to attend for review and changes?
3. How long is the orientation?
4. What is discussed at the orientation (rules, staff, role of leaders,
behavior of Scouts,
homesickness, etc)? Is a tour of the camping facilities included?
5. If you didn't use to have an orientation, have you noticed a difference
by having an
orientation (less problems occurring at camp than before, higher camp
6. Does your council hold camp promotions for each individual unit (Cub &
And on a completely different train of thought:
If anyone has used the official BSA Cross Stitch Patterns to stitch the
Emblem, how many skiens of each color thread did you use. The patterns do
not indicate this
and there's a Mom from my son's troop that wants to do that one for her son.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Dawn Moriarty, ACM Pack 62, Cresco, IA
CS Roundtable Staff & CS Camping Chairperson, North Rivers District,