Scouts-L Mail Archive for October of 1998: Nature Hunt
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:38:22 -0400
I found this below when reading about the anniversary of John Denver's
death, October 12. It was from the organization, Windstar's webpage which
This would be a good activity to do with Cub Scouts to help them with
advancements and help them to make discoveries of our wild and wonderful
world. May be able to do this with older Scouts as well. In fact my
Webelos did something similar to this at a recent Scouting weekend
Below is a list of items to find in your schoolyard or neighborhood.
1. Find something wet
2. Look for something that is moving fast.
3. Find something green.
4. Find something that has branches but no leaves.
5. Find something hard.
6. Find something brown.
7. Look for something orange.
8. Find something that floats.
9. Find something pointy.
10. Look for something with cracks.
11. Listen for something noisy.
12. Find something with a strong smell.
13. Find something a deer could eat.
14. Look for something a bird could eat.
15. Find something with thorns.
16. Find something slippery.
17. Look for something soft.
18. Find a something new.
19. Find a plant with leaves.
20. Find something put here by people.
21. Find something cold.
22. Find something tall.
23. Find something short.
24. Find something hot.
Print this list to take outside with you. Take some extra paper to draw a
picture of each item you find.
How many items did you discover? Did some things you find fit into more than
one category? What was your favorite thing you found today? Why?
+ACI-Rejoice in the creative spirit that lives in you. Use it consciously to
create the life and the world you want.+ACI-
-- John Denver
If you don't have ICQ you can page me through:
+ACo- My Personal Communication Center: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/ 2882140 (go
there and try it+ACE-)
+ACo- Or you can send me e-mail to 2882140 +AEA-pager.mirabilis.com
You can download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
Include your ICQ details in YOUR e-mail signature: