Bob and Rusty Taylor (brtaylor@TELEBYTE.NET)
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:49:26 -0700
I surrender!! having been thoroughly tarped over the last week, I thank all
those who replied to my question about tarps for camping. opinions seem to
vary up and down the scale, as you would probably expect for this group.
1. blue tarps; cheapest, go to pieces quickly.
2. green tarps; not quite as cheap, last somewhat longer than blue
3. plastic, 10 mil, quite heavy duty, lasts pretty good, use the
widgets that are used for "making" grommet holes instead of actual grommets
for setting up the tarp.
4. canvas tarps, may last hte longest, also the heaviest.
5. BSA/Campmor class tarps. cost the most, seem to last the
longest, also the lightest.
again, many thanks for al the information.
--- "If you build it, they will come."
----------- Bob Taylor Troop, 1590 Committee Chairman
(| @ @ |) Chief Seattle Council
| > | WE1-609-97 (A good old Buffalo)
" \_/ " going to work my ticket and always an Eagle!
""" firstname.lastname@example.org (home)
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City