Re: Charter Presentation
Randy Finder (naraht@DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:19:23 -0400
On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Brian Watkins wrote:
> My Post, being a new Post, we just received our charter finally. How
> does the charter go about being presented to the charter rep at the
> church, either at a church service or just hand it to the charter rep the
> next time we see her? What is the proper way to go about this? Any
Alpha Phi Omega chapters normally do it with something like this...
The charter is presented to the school, sort of the way that BSA presents
it to the chartering organization. Normally the order of speeches and
handoffs at the chartering dinner is...
1) National Board member representing the National Fraternity to
2) School representative (Dean of students for example.)
3) Chairmain of the Advisory Council.
4) President of the new chapter.
So for your group, I'd guess the order would be
1) Council executive (or other council/district rep)
3) Post Advisor
4) Post president
Adapt as appropriate...
Alpha Phi Omega Alumnus
Leadership, Friendship and Service - Alpha Phi Omega
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City