Need insight into new by-laws
Lynn Brown (tupperbabe@HOTMAIL.COM)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:13:33 PST
I know some of these issues have been discussed in this forum before but
I was hoping for some feed back on the entire issue. These additions
were suggested by our Advancement Chair for addition into our by-laws.
I have some major problems with some of them but have included all of
them for completeness and so that if I've missed an 'infraction' someone
else might catch it. Please provide feedback, ASAP. Thanks!!!
* All Scouts must schedule their Board of Review at least two weeks in
advance of the desired date.
* The Scout s Boy Scout Handbook must be turned into the Advancement
Chairman at least one week prior to the scheduled Board of Review.
* Specific individuals cannot be requested to sit on the Board of Review
by either the Scout or other adults.
* Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters cannot sign off or perform the
Scoutmaster s conference for their own child.
* All dates and initials in the Boy Scout Handbook must be clearly
legible and complete. Dates must include the month, day, and year (i.e.,
* All Boy Scouts will be required to recite the Boy Scout Oath and
Promise at the beginning of each Board of Review. Failure to correctly
recite either of these will terminate the Board of Review. A future
Board of Review will be scheduled for the Scout.
* When or if we get an actual position paper from the BSA on God and the
Scout, this paper will be provided to all parents and new parents. This
is to prevent any hard feelings or misunderstandings in the future.
(This last one is in reference to declining an Advancement on the grouds
that the boy confessed, after in-depth questioning, that he did not
believe in God.0
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City