"ringing in" for Jeopardy
Jan Mussler (mussler@SPOT.COLORADO.EDU)
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:33:43 -0700
Alicia, I got several ideas for "buzzers" for playing Jeopardy last year
when I asked the same question.
1. Blow a ping pong ball off the table. First to hit the floor answers
2. Use those blow out party favor things. First one to do so wins.
3. Borrow those "ding" bells like they use at the deli that everyone
hates to ring. Ring a hand bell or jingle bells.
4. Borrow the local University's College Bowl buzzer set.
5. Get an engineer friend to build a lock out circuit. I had Jon Dixon
on this list design me one (though I haven't built it yet, Jon.)
We used a light system at work for our first year before we got high tech
with the lock-out buzzer system. Now has fade in questions from a laptop
on the overhead. (To review safety material).
Some of the ideas bring a senxe of fun and hilarity to the game that might
make some dull subjects better.
6. Could drop balloons also.
Jan Mussler, Webelos Den Leader, Pack 170
Nederland, CO - Long's Peak Council
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City