Re: Early Registration Cards
Mark Dryer (DryerMS@CLF.NAVY.MIL)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:42:24 -0500
_MY_ reprint of the first, 1911, BSA handbook shows the same 12 points
of the Scout Law that we use today; however, my reprint of BP's 1908
"Scouting for Boys" lists 10 points:
1. A Scout's honour is to be trusted
2. A Scout is loyal to the Queen, his country, his Scouters, his
parents, his employers and to those under him.
3. A Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others.
4. A Scout is a friend to all, and a brother to every other Scout, no
matter to what country, class or creed the other may belong.
5. A Scout is courteous.
6. A Scout is a friend to animals.
7. A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader, or Scoutmaster
8. A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
9. A Scout is thrifty.
10. A Scout is clean in thought, word, and deed.
ASM, Troop 1
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City