Mark Wright (wrightmd@ROANOKE.INFI.NET)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 23:03:47 -0400
Evenin' to ya'll.
Time for a new thread. Our SPL and JASM came up with a discipline
policy for our Troop. We've never had an actual written one before
(truth be told, we just learned to *write!* ;-) But several things have
happened over the last few months which were brought up at PLC meeting
I'm not gonna post the whole thing here. Just some highlites. They
will definitely take it before the Committee before it's implemented,
but I thought I'd run it by this august group for some helpful hints.
Examples of what they deem "inappropriate" behavior:
1. Failure to follow reasonable directions of an adult or junior leader
2. Unnecessary or inappropriate physical behavior
3. Threatening or intimidating another by word or action.
4. Foul language
5. Actions or language which are offensive or discriminatory with
respect to race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
6. Behavior that is disrespectful of other persons, property or the
Other stuff about firearms, illegal substances, fireworks, etc.
They propose the following consequences (punishments, if you will:)
1. Time out
4. Apology letters
5. Service to the Troop
7. Removal from Activity
8. Visit to the Troop Committee
9. Dismissal from Troop
Note that these are not arranged in any particular order. Also, they
have prohibited the following as potential consequences:
1. Hazing - which includes but is not limited to: cursing out,
ridiculing, name calling, initiation activities or any other demeaning
2. Physical activity - such as push ups, sit ups or running.
They are planning to present this to the Committee in a week or so. Any
ASM Troop 136
CC Pack 584
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City