Shrunken head Craft
John VanBlarcom (jblarcom@POP400.GSFC.NASA.GOV)
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:14:00 -0400
I had four replies to help me (Martha, Judith, Terrie and Tom). To sum up:
1. Use potatos or apples.
2. Carve eyes and mouth using potato peeler, plastic knife, or scoutknife
if woodchip certified.
3. Insert glow-in-the-dark pony beads for eyeballs!
4. Use rice, macaroni or toothpick pieces for teethy. They will fall out,
glue in place when dry.
5. Insert hanger on top of paperclip bent into a vee shape.
6. Use halloween craft hair, frizzed yarn or none at all for hair.
7. Dry in gas oven with pilot light on or other hot DRY place. 2 weeks.
A web search turned up this site for apple dolls:
It suggests peeling the apple except for top and bottom, coring it, and
drying it for 3-4 weeks.
Good luck to all, and I will let you all know how they turn out!
John Van Blarcom
Cubmaster, Den Leader
Pack 1776 Waldorf, MD
"I can accomplish anything as long as its not what
I'm supposed to be doing at that moment."
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City