Re: Shrunken Head Craft
Terrie Winson (TerrieWins@AOL.COM)
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 11:35:40 -0400
In a message dated 97-10-03 11:09:57 EDT, John VanBlarcom wrote:
<< Does anyone know how to make shrunken heads from apples? I believe you
basically carve the apple into a face, but what do you use for teeth and
I've made them from potatos, and I believe that you'd do it the same way.
1. Carve out holes for eyes and mouth.
2. Unfold a paperclip so it looks like a large "S"
3. Push paperclip into the top
4. Insert broken toothpicks for teeth
5. Hang from oven rack with gas turned OFF (only works with automatic pilot
light, not electronic), or hang in warm, dry area (attic?) It will take a
few days, and remember to put something under it to catch the water as it
6. Glue on frizzed yarn for hair.
7. Re-inforce the teeth and hanger with some glue after all the watrhas
evaporated from the head.
Hope this helps.
Hawk Mountain Council
...and a good old buffalo, too!
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City