Re: Nightlights for campers
Ken Segota (ksegota@UIDAHO.EDU)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:53:38 -0700
At our summer camp until a couple of years ago they sold the light sticks
and did a midnight swim but they "got word from National" that some kid at
another camp had broken one open and smeared it on his face and got
"glass" fragments from the internal capsule that you break to activate the
glow stick in his eyes and "National" banned them at all camps. I'm not
sure if it was all "real truth" but it's a possible concern and our camp's
very popular and greatly missed midnight ( actually just after dark ) swim
is still gone and they no longer sell them at great profit for the
Your in Scouting
Ken Segota ASM Troop 344
"used to be an Owl always an Eagle"
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Milt Forsberg wrote:
> Just wait until the boys discover that they can break open the tubes and
> pour the chemical over their faces and hands and arms and run around in
> the dark! I am not sure how toxic the material is, but I am concerned.
> We have seen this happen - so far no one has been sick from it. I am not
> sure if we have a potential problem or not.
> Milt Forsberg
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City