More Philmont questions for this summer's returning groups
Mike Floyd (FLOYD@FOODSER.UGA.EDU)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:17:04 -0500
Our group is scheduled to go next summer. I have appreciated the
imput from the list on my previous questions.
1. How many stoves do we need to bring for our group of 12?
2. As the second pair of shoes should we bring tennis shoes, sandels
or other type of shoe?
3. What type of tents does Philmont provide?
4. Suggestions for items that we should add to our packing list.
5. I plan to bring my camera, can you buy film at the camps? My
understanding is that there is concession stands for the boys to buy
candy and drinks. Is this correct? Can you buy film also? Can you
mail postcards ?
6. What is the normal amount of troop/philmont gear will each person
will have to carry?
7. Will we be able to get water daily on the trail?
Thanks for your imput.
J. Michael Floyd
Food Service Administration
University Food Services LET THE BIG
Snelling Hall, University of Georgia DAWG EAT !!!
Athens, Ga. 30602-3772
ph (706)542-1256 fax (706)542-7137
Visit our home page on the World Wide Web at
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City