Re: "Serve actively"
Mayhew, Robert SSGT USAF J2 (mayhewri@HAITI.ARMY.MIL)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:44:03 -0400
..but isn't this a contradiction? What is he called when he doesn't attend
meetings, "Inactive active"? My dictionary refers to "active" as
1) characterized by action rather than by contemplation or speculation;
2) producing or involving action or movement;
5) Marked by vigorous activity;
6) requiring vigorous action or exertion;
10) marked by present operation, transaction, movement or use;
Those seems to characterize "action" as "participation". A scout who does
not participate in the activities of his unit is not active.
Bob Mayhew, Jr.
Catalina Council / Papago Lodge #494
Tucson, AZ (via Port-auPrince, Haiti)
A scout is "active" in a unit while he is registered there, whether he
attends meetings/activities, or not.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City