Re: Scouting Statues
Dave Tracewell (dave@SCOUTER.COM)
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 12:38:05 -0700
At 05:07 PM 7/4/97 PDT, Judy Johnson wrote:
>Did you ever remember the name of that international award?
The International Award we were thinking of is the "Silver World Award" given by the World Scout Bureau in Geneva, Switzerland.
The 3 "Highest Awards" given in the United States (BSA) are:
1. Silver Beaver - Council Level
2. Silver Antelope - Regional Level
3. Silver Buffalo - National Level
Not to exclude the District award of Merit at the District Level or the National Scoutmaster Award of Merit at the Troop Level.
Other Awards that are available are:
* Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
* Whitney M. Young, Jr. Award
(Volunteer contribution to low-income/rural areas)
* George Meaney Award (Union Scouter for Community Services)
* Explorer Leadership Award (For Explorer Leaders)
* Honor Medal (Meritorious Action with risk to one's own life)
* Heroism Award (Meritorious Action with risk to own safety)
* Medal of Merit (Meritorious Action)
* Spurgeon Award (For Explorer Leaders)
* Distinguished Commissioner Award (Commissioner Service)
* Founders Award - (Order of the Arrow)
There are probably some that I have missed.... I see what else I can find.
Plus a multitude of Religious Awards in all faiths.
</bold>Webmaster - Tracewell Consulting
(209) 367-0750 Phone/FAX
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City