Re: 10 esintals
Steven Featherkile (madwolf@EARTHLINK.NET)
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:37:09 -0700
Daniel Peterson wrote:
> Could some body post the 10 essentials?
Dan,The 10 Essentials I use is based on the one in the Boy Scout
Handbook. Our E-10 has grown to 20 items.
1. 2 X 32oz Water Bottles with water
2. Waterproof matches
5. Flashlight w/ spare bulb/batteries
6. Basic First Aid Kit
8. Signal Mirror
9. 50' x 1/8" nylon cord
10. Pocket Knife
11. Space Blanket
12. Extra Food
13. Change of Clothes
14. Sunglasses w/ Keeper Strap
18. Rain Gear, as elaborate as your budget will allow, but at least a
$25-30 poncho. Anything else will self destruct about 15 minutes after
it starts raining. I carry mine even in the desert. Ya never know.
19. Fanny Pack of sufficient size to carry all the stuff. Put in pack
last. Good for day hikes.
20. Mark 1, Mod A Human Brain, with Common Sense data banks recently
refreshed and de-bugged. This last item is the most important. Without
it, the other 19 are useless.
If you think of anything else, please let me know. Out of all this
stuff, the only thing I've never used is the fire starter. That only
means that I'm just that much closer to my first time.
Troop 2, Wenatchee, WA
"Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the
dark." -Lazurus Long
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City