Re: hiking in rain, possibly thunderstorms
George J. Dolicker (gjpd@INS.COM)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:51:04 -0400
Our council has cancelled 2 major events based on weather reports of
"blizzard conditions" or "gale force winds" within the last year... and
missed 2 of the most GORGEOUS weekends on record. I wouldn't cancel 2 days
in advance, regardless of anyone's forcast.
I'd recommend that early Saturday you morning pull up the NOAA/NWS official
on-line forcast for your area, and check out The Weather Channel web-site
for dopler radar reads. Then if you NEED to you can phone tree a
cancellation, advise radios stations to broadcast the cancellation, and do
it in person at the meeting place.
Unless, of course, YOU are the city where the weather forecasts that are
***ALWAYS*** correct. ;-)
Katonah (NY) Pack #1
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City