District Advancment Administration Questionaire
Jeff L. Glaze (jglaze@SUBASIC.SCIATL.COM)
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 15:31:00 -0400
I am seeking information regarding the operation of the
District Advancement Committee. (for reference) I would like
to have members of District Advancement Committees
(particularly Chairmen) respond to the questionaire below:
1. How many members serve on your District Advancment
a. How many units are in your District?
2. Are unit Advancement Chairmen a part of your District
3. Do you maintain a District Merit Badge Counselor List
of "code 42" registered adults.
a. With MB's listed?
4. How does your District conduct its Eagle Boards?
a. District board
b. as opposed to unit with dist representative
c. regularly scheduled,
d. as needed?
5. Do you conduct District Merit Badge Clinics?
a. If so, how many per year?
6. Do you conduct Merit Badge Counselor Training of any kind?
7. Do you require the Application for Merit Badge (blue card)
be turned in to the District along with the Advancement
a. If so, do you cross check counselors with your MB
8. Is someone on your Advancement Committee responsible for
advancment sessions in the Scoutmastership Fundamentals
Training conducted by your District Training Committee?
9. Do you supplement the National Life to Eagle workbook with
any other guidelines to assist the Eagle candidates?
10. Have you ever deferred or not recommended an Eagle candidate
upon his appearance at your Eagle Board of Review?
11. Do you review Eagle projects for approval by entire committee
or some other method?
a. What method?
12. How do you check the references on the Eagle Application?
a. by letter,
c. or other?
13. Who is reponsible for checking references and approving adult
leader applications for MB counselors? (Code 42)
14. How many MB Counselors are registered in your district?
15. How many youth members are there in your District? (approx.)
15. Do you use any computer software to assist in managing the
work of the District Advancement Committee?
a. What software?
16. Does your Council Service center (faithfully) forward the
District copy of advancement reports to your Committee?
17. Does your Concil Service Center sell MB's without the Advancement
Report being turned in?
Thanks for your answers to these questions. By the end if June, I
will tally the results, and post them to Scouts-L.
Jeff L. Glaze, Vice-Chairman
Northeast District Advancement Committee
Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City