Teachers, School, 'n' Stuff
Cynthia D King (cdk7552@JUNO.COM)
Mon, 26 May 1997 15:52:13 EDT
STUDENTS ANSWERS (5th & 6th grade)
The law of gravity says no fair jumping up without coming back down.
You can listen to thunder and tell how close you came to getting hit. If
you don't hear it, you got hit, so never mind.
Someday, we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
A vibration is a motion that cannot make up its mind which way it wants
There are 26 vitamins in all, but some of the letters are yet to be
There is a tremendous weight pushing down on the center of the Earth
because so many people are stomping around up there these days.
Genetics explains why you look like you father, and if you don't, why you
Vacuums are nothings. We only mention them to let them know we know
The cause of perfume disappearing is evaporation. Evaporation gets blamed
for a lot of things people forget to put the top on.
I'm not sure how clouds are formed, but clouds know how to do it, and
that's the important thing.
Water vapor gets together in a cloud. When it is big enough to be called
a drop, it does.
Rain is saved up in cloud banks.
It is so hot in some places that people there have to live in other
Mushrooms always grow in damp places, which is why they look like
Momentum is something you give a person when they go away.
A monsoon is a French gentleman.
The word "trousers" is an uncommon noun because it is singular at the top
and plural at the bottom.
To keep milk from turning sour, keep it in the cow.
Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I have
never been able to make out the numbers.
When planes run around and around in circles, we say they are orbiting.
When people do it, we say they are crazy.
In some rocks, you can find the fossil footprints of fishes.
For asphyxiation, apply artificial respiration until the patient is dead.
Blood circulates through the body by flowing down one leg and up the
Thunder is a rich source of loudness.
The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.
The alimentary canal is located in the northern part of Indiana.
One of the main causes of dust is janitors.
The inhabitants of Moscow are called Mosquitos.
A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
A city purifies its water supply by filtering the water and forcing it
through an aviator.
The spinal column is a long bunch of bones. The head sits on the top, and
you sit on the bottom.
from an Ann Landers column
JUST FOR FUN
You might be in education if.....
1) you believe that the staff room should be equipped with a Valium salt
2) you want to slap the next person who says "Must be nice to work 8-2:30
and have the summer free.
3) you believe chocolate is a food group.
4) you can tell it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
5) you believe "shallow gene pool" should have it's own box on the report
6) you believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says
"Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
7) you find humor in other people's stupidity.
8) when out in public you feel the urge to snap your fingers at a child
you do not know and correct their behavior.
9) you have no time for a life between August and June.
10) marking all A's on report cards would make your life SO much simpler.
11)you think people should be required to get a government permit before
being allowed to reproduce.
12) you laugh uncontrollably when people refer to the staff room as the
13) you how some parents ever MANAGED to reproduce.
14) you believe in the aerial spraying of Prozac.
15) you encourage an obnoxious parent to check into home schooling.
16) you believe no one should be permitted to reproduce without having
taught in an elementary setting for at least 5 years.
17) you've ever had your profession slammed by someone who would never
DREAM of doing your job.
18) you can't have children because there's no name you could give a
child that wouldn't bring on high blood pressure the moment you heard it
19) you think caffeine should be available in IV form.
20) you know you're in for a MAJOR project when a parent says "I have a
great idea I'd like to discuss. I think it would be such fun.
21) you smile weakly and want to choke a person when he/she says "Oh, you
must have such FUN every day. This must be like playtime for you."
22) your personal life comes to a screeching halt at report card time.
23) meeting a child's parent instantly answers the question "Why is this
kid like this?"
THANK YOU---YOU DO A GREAT SERVICE !
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City