Michael F. Bowman (mfbowman@CAPACCESS.ORG)
Sun, 25 May 1997 13:39:49 -0400
FRONTIER SCOUT'S KNOWLEDGE RACE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What does WEBELOS mean? We'll be loyal Scouts.
2. What is the name of a common knot made with
two overhand knots? Square knot.
3. What animal is Akela? Wolf.
4. What is the Indian sign for wolf or scout? Cub Scout Sign.
5. What are the main migration routes of birds
6. What does the knot at the bottom of the Boy
Scout badge remind a Scout to do? Do a good turn daily.
7. Where does the Arrow of Light point? The right way to go.
8. When whittling a stick, what direction
should you cut? Away from you.
9. What is the Cub Scout motto? Do your best.
10. What is the main safety rule when shooting
a bow? Never point it at anyone.
11. When do you give the Cub Scout sign? When you say the Cub
Scout Promise or the
Law of the Pack.
12. Why do Cub Scouts salute the flag and their
leaders? To show respect.
13. Who wrote the Star Spangled Banner? Francis Scott Key.
14. Who made the first flag? Betsy Ross.
15. What does gold represent in the Sunlight, good cheer and
Cub Scout colors? happiness (one is sufficient).
16. What famous frontiersman from VIrginia
settled in Kentucy? Daniel Boone
17. What is the Boy Scout slogan? Do a good turn daily.
18. What was the name of Paul Bunyon's pet? Babe the blue ox..
19. What part of the tree protects it from injury? The bark.
20. What is the name of the brown bear that taught
Mawgli the Law of the Pack? Baloo.
21. In the Cub Scout salute, are the fingers apart
or together? Together.
22. Which would be stronger for construction support,
a square or a triangle? Triangle.
23. When you fold the flag properly, what shows on
the outside- stars or stripes? Stars.
24. Name two hurry first aid situations. Bleeding, Stopped Breathing,
Poison Swallowed, Heart Attack
25. What is the first method of rescue when
someone is drowning? Reach with something.
26. How many activity badges are there? Twenty.
27. Which side of the street should you ride your
bike on? The right side of the street.
28. What are the three rules to follow if your clothes
catch on fire? Stop, drop and roll.
29. What does the blue in your uniform represent? Truth and love of
(one is sufficient).
30 What is the Boy Scout motto? Be Prepared.
31. To show respect for the flag when carrying it,
the flag should not? Touch the ground.
32. How many fingers are held straight up in
the Boy Scout sign? Three.
33. What book is Cub Scouting based on? The Jungle Book.
34. The Cub Scout promises to obey? The Law of the Pack.
35. What do bobcats, wolves and bears live in? Dens.
36. What does the trefoil shape of the Boy Scout The North point
of an old mariner's
badge come from? compass.
37. Which of the following knots is the rescue knot?
Sheet Bend, Bowline, or Slip Knot? Bowline.
38. In a Cub Scout pack, how many Cub Scouts are
used in a color guard? Four
39 What is the main safety rule when boating? Always wear a
40. What Cub Scout badge is worn on the
Boy Scout uniform? Arrow of Light.
Speaking only for myself in the Scouting Spirit, Michael F. Bowman
Dep.Dist.Commissioner-Training, G.W.Dist., NCAC, BSA (Virginia)
U. S. Scouting Service Project FTP Site Administrator (PC Area)
ftp1 or ftp2.scouter.com/usscouts E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City