Re: Troop Elections - The Mechanics
Jonathan Dixon (dixonj@ROCOCO.COLORADO.EDU)
Tue, 20 May 1997 14:58:15 -0600
Here is the way my troop does it (as per the wishes of the PLC):
1. The boys nominate candidates for SPL
2. The SM and one other adult interview all of the nominees and choose
people as candidates for SPL.
3. The boys elect the SPL.
4. The SPL (with the help of the SM) appoints his ASPL.
5. The patrols elect their PLs.
6. The SPL (with the help of the SM) appoints the rest of the leadership
A further question for the list is how different troops deal with ties.
Last year we had a tie for SPL, and this year we had a couple of ties
for PLs. For the SPL, the adults sat down and decided, since we
couldn't come up with a better way (the troop was never told that there
was a tie). For the PLs, I have made the SPL find ways to resolve the
problem (I did loan him a quarter for one of the choices). What methods
have other used to solve this problem?
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City