Re: Wood Badge understanding
Jonathan Dixon (dixonj@ROCOCO.COLORADO.EDU)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:50:55 -0600
Here is my ticket (I've left out the implementing details):
Part One -- Service to Others Through My Troop
1. Provide information on and encourage troop participation in a
workday at Camp Patiya. (this is a district camp)
2. Provide information on and encourage troop participation in a
community service project such as working with Community Food Share by
February 1, 1997.
3. Arrange for and encourage the troop to perform a service project for
Mesa Memorial Baptist Church (our sponsoring organization).
Part Two -- Goals to Strengthen My Troop
1. Help conduct annual planning session for the troop in Fall 1996.
Evaluate the planning session and prepare information to facilitate
the session in future years. This evaluation should be completed before
Spring 1997 so that it can be used after that time.
2. Collect information on the important items to be aware of in order
Scoutmaster transitions to go smoothly. This should be finished by July
1997 in case I move at that time.
3. Will do my best to implement and support a boy-run Patrol Leaders'
Council to perform planning and run troop meetings and outings over this
next school year.
Part Three -- My Personal Growth as a Troop Leader
1. Write and defend Ph. D. thesis by April 2, 1997.
2. Learn morse code well enough to get code version of ham license by
3. Get CPR and Red Cross First Responder certification by Summer 1997.
I have done most of these so far, and the rest should be finished within
the next month. Then I will be able to get my beads. If anyone has any
comments they would like included on SM transitions, email me and I will
put them in (I plan to try to get that written up next week).
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City