Re: Flames & off-list replies
Stephen Hoar (shoar@INFINET.COM)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 06:45:46 -0400
There are several things I like about this discussion group
on a system like this.
1. If I get mail from someone I don't like or on a subject
I don't care to discuss i delete it before I read it.
In other words I ignore it.
2. If I do read it and it is a 'flame/insult/or spear',
again I just ignore it and the sender will never know if
I read it or not.
3. I won't respond to a 'flame' or the like because I
refuse to let the sender know he has gotten under my skin.
This perhaps is designed to irritate the sender because I
treat his mean mail as trash and it is ignored as
irrlevant and deleted as trash.
4. I also gotta realize that folks are gonna disagree
with me some (a lot) of the time.
5. Finally, if I was as smart as I thought I was, I would
be filthy rich and living a life of ease on a tropical
island with no e-mail. Well, I'm not on an island, I am
not rich, and I am reading the mail, soooo.....
Time to take a hike!
Steve in Newark
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City