Thanks for Philmont aid ... but need more assistance
Dave Rogers (DA6ver6@AOL.COM)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 04:45:17 -0400
OK ... I'd like to thank everyone who answered my semi-desperate plea for
Philmont registration info. On the one hand, I wasn't late like I feared
(late April 1, I decided April 1 was the day to call). On the other hand,
even calling at the right time (10 a.m. April 7), we were shut out ...
banished to the waiting list.
Does anybody ever get in from the waiting list? And how long do they make you
wait before you know?
Assuming that's a long shot ... what other high adventure camps should we be
looking into? We're open to suggestions and aware we need to move fast.
Remember, we're down here in Southeast Texas (Tex/La/Gulf of Mexico border).
We're looking into Northern Tier, but not sure we have the time/energy to
drive or the bucks to fly. Got any closer suggestions? And supply as many
details as possible/necessary. Not sure we have time to write off to
everybody for info. We may just have to focus on whatever sounds best among
Thanks for hanging with me this far. ... Now if you'd like to make
suggestions, please back channel me at DA6ver6@aol.com. What with
volunteering for Council and now taking over Troop and still trying to put
food on the table, my E-mail reading time is really short, so I don't get to
keep up with the digest as I'd like.
SM, Troop 85
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City