dennis gueth (dgueth@ATHENS.NET)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:28:13 -0500
We have a problem in our district that I'd like some of your thoughts on. at
a recent District Committee meeting, we discoveredthat our district has not
had any scout adout leader training in over two years. A review of the past
training showed a poor tourout. My suggestion was to go to the individual
troops that need training(In-your-house).
1. involve the scoutmaster if trained(he gets brought up to date)
2. a greater majority of troop leadership is likely to participate.
3. each troop agrees to furnish the location and dates.
4. the scoutmaster is on your side.
5. the training chair assembles a team from available resources able to meet
the troop needs of schedule and dates.
What do you think?
Has anyone ever tried a different approach to training>
Please reply to list or mail to: dgueth@ athens.net
Thanks in advance.
northeast ga council
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com/~jfoltz
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City