All stressed out?
Susan D. Loder (Turtle671@AOL.COM)
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 00:20:06 -0500
'Tis the season, and we are already exhibiting many stressful symptoms.
Here are some creative suggestions for dealing with stress that I
gleaned off another list (note: this is not meant to be flippant. I have
found that dealing with touchy situations sometimes goes a lot easier with a
dose of humor)
Susan L firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Pop some popcorn without putting on the lid.
2. Use your Mastercard to pay your Visa.
3. When someone says, "have a nice day," tell them you've made other
4. Make a "thing to do" list of things you have already done.
5. Pay your electric bill in pennies.
6. Drive to work in reverse.
7. Have your surname legally changed to "Your-Highness."
8. Pound your head repeatedly on a pile of lightly toasted Wonder
9. Brush your teeth vigorously with cheese whiz.
10. Read the dictionary upside-down and look for secret messages.
11. Bill your doctor for the time you spent in his waiting room.
12. Stare at people through the tines of a fork and pretend they're in
13. Start a nasty rumor and see if you recognize it when it comes back
14. Put your toddler's clothes on backwards and send him off to
preschool as if nothing is wrong.
15. Start a "Rodents of North America collection."
16. Take ten dollars out of the offering plate at church and put in a
note saying "you owe me lord."
17. Paint a picture entitled "My Brain the Forest."
18. Tape pictures of your boss to watermelons and launch them from high
19. Put a bag on your head and mark it "Closed for Remodeling."
20. Write your next memo in Pig Latin.
(by the way, I did recently receive a memo in Pig Latin!!)
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City