Honor Unit Recognition
Bob Nieland (rgn@MCS.NET)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:58:02 -0600
In order to earn the Honor Unit citation, the unit must achieve all ten
items for the National Quality Unit Award, plus seven of the ten items below:
1. Rechartering. The unit rechartered on or before the 15th day of the month
preceding the date of its charter expiration.
2. Advanced Training. A minimum of 51% of the unit's uniformed leadership
participated in advanced or supplemental training courses.
3. Unit Administration. The unit plans a full year's program in advance,
distributes printed copies to all families and holds monthly planning meetings.
4. Roundtable Participation. The unit was represented at each monthly
5. Boys' Life. One hundred percent of the unit's Scouts subscribe to Boys'
6. Camping. The unit attended Three Fire Council's Cub Scout Day Camp or
7. Budgeting. The unit uses the budget plan and develops a budget worksheet,
periodically reviews actual expenses against budget, and participates in the
Friends of Scouting campaign.
8. Youth Protection Training. At least 51% of the adult leaders have
attended youth protection training.
9. Kickoff. The unit was represented by two or more leaders at the Council's
annual program kickoff.
10. Scout-O-Rama. The unit participated with a booth at Scout-O-Rama.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City