Re: National Den Award
Jim Peterson (jpeterson@TZNET.COM)
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:09:35 -0600
At 11:48 AM 10/25/96 +0100, Evette Ogden wrote:
>Dear Fellow Scouters,
>Has anyone ever heard of a "National Den Award"? I could swear I saw a
>page in a leader book somewhere that gave requirements for this award?
The National Den Award reguirements are:
A. Have at least 50 percent of the den's Cub Scouts or Webelos Scouts
attend two den meetings and one pack meeting or activity each month of the year.
B. Complete six of the following during the year:
1. Utilize the denner system within the den.
2. Have 50 percent of the den go on three field trips per year.
A field trip may be used in place of a den meeting.
3. As a den, attend a Cub Scout day camp, Cub Scout or Webelos
Scout residence camp, or a council family camping event with
at least 50 percent of the den membership.
4. Incorporate at least three Ethics in Action activity modules
in den meetings during the year.
5. As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Sports
6. As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout
7. Have 50 percent of the den participate in a den conservation/
8. Have 50 percent of the den participate in at least one den
If you have a fax number I would be happy to fax you a copy of the
application form/record sheet.
Jim Peterson /\
Cubmaster, Pack 379, Auburndale, Wisconsin ("\/")
Advancement Chair, Troop 379, Blenker, Wisconsin ~''~
Cub Roundtable Staff, Cub Leader Training Staff Ojibwa District, Samoset Council
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so
few engage in it." - Henry Ford
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City