Re: You Might be a Scout.....
Berk Moss (mossfam@TELEPORT.COM)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:51:15 -0700
You might be a scout(er) if=8A
- you can't remember which hand to shake with in the office on Monday mornin=
- you miss the "floaties" and "sinkers" in the office coffee.
- your computer password is "TLH FCK OCT BCR."
- you miss "cargo pockets."
- you < really love>> your self-inflating sleep pad.
- you have the end of every rope at home backspliced or whipped.
- you correct someone who says "Gee, I used to be an Eagle Scout." =8A =8A a=
then get him to volunteer in you Troop.
- you always have a boy registration and adult leader application in your
red bag. And you have to keep replacing them.
- you deeply understand the potential of a group working together
- you camp for a week in the summer with about a dozen old guys=8A about 40
between 18 and 30 and hundreds between 11 and 18 and the whole thing works!
- you know you have brothers all over the world.
- you have seen the spiritual power the outdoors can have on men and boys.
- you have helped raise eachother's children. You are proud of the mentors
your sons have found.
- You know who in your patrol can really cook and who's talent lies in
dishwashing. And, you think a pan of warm water feels pretty good after
| Berk Moss
||||/ \ Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 427
oooo\_/ Multnomah Village, Portland Oregon
/ \ Pioneer District Advancement Committee
\ | Cascade-Pacific Council
\ / O/A Brotherhood
\ / Bear Patrol Woodbadge WEM 492-1-94
--- e mail: email@example.com
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City