Steve Eisenberg (Sandalfoot@AOL.COM)
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:18:19 -0400
This morning, I received a "cold-call" from a financial planning service who
said that they were from the BSA. The agent asked if I had received
information for a seminar that they were planning. I don't think it had
anything to do with supplemental Cub Scout Leader training <grin>.
My questions to the group are:
1) Is BSA or local council selling our names to commercial concerns?
2) Are these people using the good name of the BSA to promote themselves for
3) Where did they get my name (ie. how did they know that I'm a Scouter)?
4) How does long term financial planning fit in with the Cub Scout program?
5) Am I getting something of value for the cost of the seminar (at least I
know where the popcorn money goes <G>).
6) If BSA or local council did release my name to this company, a) couldn't
they find a better way to raise a few dollars than selling their rosters? b)
have they fully investigated any company that they are sending our names to?
& c) shouldn't they be more concerned with the youth program than my
Note: I have not yet checked with council concerning this matter.
Cubmaster, Pack 373
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City