So what should we give the new Cub leaders?
Jan Mussler (mussler@SPOT.COLORADO.EDU)
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 18:53:36 -0600
I'm a couple days behind on digest, but an interesting point was made that
the new 4 hour training doesn't cut it. At least Hank and Marie feel this
way. Having now recruited new den leaders (yay!) and talked with them
several times now, what can the Pack do to support them? I slogged
through on my own, but the Pack, since reorganizing, should have a "plan"
in place to help these leaders. What should that include?
1. We're helping them with locations to meet.
2. I gave them a digest of Scouts-l discussions on "What would have
helped" (first year leader)
3. What resources, given we have minimal available cash right now, whould
4. Is there a newer Fast Start tape than the one we currently have? Ours
shows male Webelo leaders, female cub leader, no two deep leadership so it
must be dated.
5. How are den numbers assigned? During a Pack Meeting? Some sort of
recognition of the forming of the new groups?
6. I've mentioned training, however, none can go right now.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jan Mussler, Bear DL, Pack 170, Nederland, CO
Arapahoe District, Longs Peak Council
/\ /\ /\ 8500 feet and still climbing...
/ \ \ / \
/ \/ \
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City