International - Oaths, Promises, and Scout Laws 2 of 2
Michael F. Bowman (mfbowman@CAPACCESS.ORG)
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 00:38:28 -0400
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 02:10:35 MET
From: Gino Lucrezi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: PROMISE AND LAW
Here are the Law and Promise we use in AGESCI (actually Wolf Cubs have
Con l'Aiuto di Dio, Prometto sul mio Onore di fare del mio meglio per
l mio dovere verso Dio e verso il mio Paese, per aiutare gli altri in
ostanza, per osservare la Legge Scout.
With God's help, I promise on my honour to do my best to do my duty to
God and m
y Country, to help others in every circumstance, to observe the Scout Law.
La Guida e lo Scout:
- pongono il loro onore nel meritare fiducia
- sono Leali
- si rendono utili ed aiutano gli altri
- sono amici di tutti e Fratelli di ogni altra Guida e Scout
- sono cortesi
- amano e rispettano la natura
- sanno obbedire
- sorridono e cantano anche nelle difficolta`
- sono laboriosi ed economi
- sono puri di pensieri, parole ed azioni
A Guide and a Scout :
- put their honour in being trustworhty
- are loyal
- make themselves useful and help others
- are friends of all and brothers of other Guides and Scouts
- are courteous
- love and respect nature
- can obey
- smile and sing even under difficulties
- are hard-working and thrifty
- are pure in thoughts, words and deeds
Gino Lucrezi, Group Scout Leader, L'Aquila 3, AGESCI (Asssociazione Guide
E Scouts Cattolici Italiani) --Gino Lucrezi @ Universita` "V. Rivera" -
L'Aquila - Italy
From: Claudia Micher de Anda <CLAUDIA@atenas.gdl.iteso.mx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 20:12:03 CST
Subject: Re: INT- Multi-Linqual Request
In spanish you say "Hacer lo mejor", which could be translated
litteraly as Do the Best. I know in english is not the same, but in
spanish it is pretty close.
Hope it helps
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 08:22:42 GMT
From: Mark Flexman <mflexman@BOURNEMOUTH.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: Promise & Law
Here are the versions currently in use in Great Britain at the moment:
On My Honour,
I Promise that I will do my best,
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people,
And to keep the Scout Law.
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is Loyal.
3. A Scout is Friendly and Considerate.
4. A Scout is a member of the World-Wide Family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The 4th, 6th and 7th Laws were changed from the previously known masculine
gender because we now allow Girls to join all sections of the Scout
Association (Beavers, Cub Scouts, Scouts & Venture Scouts).
Apologies if I slightly mis-quoted the Law but it's early in the morning
and my mind isn't quite firing on all four-cylinders yet!
Speak to you all later.
3rd Christchurch (Jumpers) Scout Group
Speaking only for myself in the Scouting Spirit, Michael F. Bowman
Dep.Dist.Commissioner-Training, G.W.Dist., NCAC, BSA (Virginia)
U. S. Scouting Service Project FTP Site Administrator (PC Area)
ftp1 or ftp2.scouter.com/usscouts E-mail: email@example.com
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City