Eagle Boards of Review/Applications
hilding holroyd (hilding@BLUESTONE.COM)
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 11:04:01 -0400
OK, I want to put this one to bed, at least for me.
I called my District Executive and got the following in regards
to Eagle requirements/applications/Boards of Review:
1) All "work" must completed by the 18th birthday (no dispute there -
that's the requirements)
2) Assuming the Scout is close to 18 - the Eagle application need NOT be
turned in before the 18th birthday. But it certainly is needed
before the Board of Review.
3) If the Scout has turned 18, the Board of Review must be held within
3 months, unless a written explanation is sent to National.
This would cover those Scouts who have gone off to college/military.
4) The Scoutmaster should be the individual who verifies that the work
has been completed by the deadline.
5) Of course, all of this is moot should the Scout not be 18.
The application can come in at any time.
Yes, we (Jersey Shore Council, or was it just my District) have pushed to
have the application in by the 18th birthday. Seems I have to back off of
that a bit. Don't want to add any requirements. :)
Hilding W. Holroyd Troop/District Advancement Chairman
Jackson, NJ Troop 250, Lakewood, NJ
Eagle Class '68 Jersey Shore Council/Whispering Pine District
Wood Badge: Japeechen Lodge (Brotherhood)
"I used to be a FOX!", NE-IV-54
"I used to be a STAFFER!", NE-IV-71, NE-II-79
Voice: (609)-727-4600 fax: (609)-727-3833
Bluestone WWW Home Page: http://www.bluestone.com
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City