Re: National Den Award?
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 19:59:47 -0500
>Does anyone know what the requirements are for this? I saw the ribbon in
>the catalog, but cannot find anything in the literature.
> YiS, Susan
This information is from the Cub Scout Leader Book. If you don't find the
original form maybe you could print this off your computor and make
Wendy Pack 350 Keene, NH
National Den Award
Cub Scouting happens in the den. The National Den Award will create an
incentive for a year-round fun, quality program in the den. The NDA may be
earned only once in any 12-month period. The period is to be determined by
A. Have at least 50 percent of the den's Cub Scouts or Webelos Scouts
attend two den meetings and one pack meeting or activity each month of the
B. Complete six of the following during the year:
1. Utilize the denner system within the den.
2. Have 50 percent of the den go on three field trips per year. A field trip
may be used in place of a den meeting.
3. As a den, attend a Cub Scout day camp, Cub Scout or Webelos resident camp,
or a council family camping event with at least 50 percent of the den
4. Incorporate at least three Ethics in Action activity modules in the den
meetings during the year.
5. As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Sports programs.
6. As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Academic programs.
7. Have 50 percent of the den participate in a den conservation/resource
8. Have 50 percent of the den participate in at least one den service
Den____________ of Pack_____________has completed the requirements for the
National Den Award.
For the pack committee______________________________________________________
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City