Re: Philmont 1997 Reservations
Steve Robinson (0006155173@MCIMAIL.COM)
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 16:47:00 EST
>Reservations will be accepted on Monday, April 1, 1996. Call between the
>times of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Central Standard Time. The phone number to call
>The reservations are on a first come first served basis, and these
>reservations are for the 12 day expeditions only. Reservations for the
>short treks will be accepted beginning April 17.
>Space is available on arrival dates from June 13 through August 10, with the
>exceptions of June 17 and June 30 which are full from spill over
>reservations from last year.
>When 1997 reaches capacity, groups may select one of the following options:
> (A) Be placed on the waiting list for 1997 in the order that your call was
> (B) Place a tentative 1998 reservations.
>A $50 deposit (per trek participant) for 1997 will be due within 30 days of
>receiving a confirmation letter from Philmont.
Questions to you more experienced Scouters:
1. What is the cost (per participant) to go on this?
2. Isn't there an age requirement to go?
3. How many days are the short treks?
4. Does going in '97 affect going in '98?
5. Is there a min and max number of participants on the trek?
6. What gear is the troop to provide?
SM, Troop 1133
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City