Re: Unit Commissioner Information Needed
David G. Hills (Adcdave@AOL.COM)
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 11:35:12 -0500
"Voluteer Duties, Unit Commissioner
Report to the district commissioner or assistant district commisioner as
Help each unit earn the Quality Unit Award.
Use the annual commissioner service plan, with its scheduled opportunities
for commissioner contact with units.
Know each phase of Scouting and its literature. Be able to describe how each
Visit meetings of assigned packs/troops/teams/posts regularly, usually once a
Visit regularly with the unit leader.
- Listen to what the unit leader has to say.
- Offer encouragement and support.
- Using the literature and profile sheet, help the leader see opportunities
- Maintain good unit leader relationships.
- Encourage unit prticipation in district and council events and training.
Work to ensure effective unit committees.
- Visit with the unit committee periodically.
- Observe the committee, offer suggestions for improvement, and work to solve
Make certain that proper techniques are used to select and recruit unit
(Continued on next Post)
A unit commissioner is the unit leader's friend and liason with the district
Dave Hills, ADC, Greater Pittsburgh Council
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City