Re: Eagle Requirements, is this fair?
S.M. White (RETUSN04@AOL.COM)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 20:38:46 -0500
As the RTC for District 3 of LaSalle Council in South Bend, IN...I spoke to
the SM in attendance at our last neeting about David Burgarts questions about
his disticts Advancement Chairman and the 6 ADDITIONAL rquirements that he
has imposed on his eagle candidates. An unoffical polling with the 22 SM's
1) there is no requirement that the boy "sell" his project, but going to a
meeting on the subject was a good idea, as long as it was voluntary.
2) project length of 100......is an additional requirement an illegal.
3) typed....see 2 above
4) the boy should want to do the project
5) involve the other boys in the troop....shows leadership and is a good idea
6) 1 yr time limit...see 2 above
I then took a vote on their thoughts on this Adv Chairman...99% said he
should be fired.
Thought you would like to know...
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City